Google Trends is a public web facility of Google Inc., based on Google Search, that shows how often a particular search-term is entered relative to the total search-volume across various regions of the world, and in various languages.
- Watch tutorial Video above.
- Go to https://www.google.com/trends/
- Explore whatever topic you would like. Click Hamburger-like button in the top left and explore.
- On each search, the world region and category can be modified to narrow or expand each search.
- Example: Search: bluejays
4. Choose your topic of interest. Dates for trends only go back to 2004. What caused the spike in searches in 2015? Allow students to draw insights from Google Trends.
Earn this Badge:
Submit a screenshot of your google trend graph and explain how it was used in the classroom. Please provide the questions you or your students used to analyze the trend.