This game allows students to use critical thinking and collaboration in order to accomplish a goal! Based on an escape room, students must work together to open a series of locks to open the Breakout box. Teachers use the online resource to find ideas and to help set up the game for students to play.
- Go to www.breakoutedu.com and click “Learn More”.
- Go to Games to find a game you would like to play in your classroom. Contact your librarian/principal to obtain the box and the code to enter the games.
- Read through the directions/materials necessary and prepare the materials.
- Reset the locks to the new codes needed for the game you chose. This site is useful to help: http://www.breakoutedu.com/locktutorials
- Set up and play the game with your students! Don’t forget to take pictures to show that you completed the game!
Earn Your Badge:
In the submission box, list the title of the game played and a sentence or two describing a struggle that students faced. Then attach some pictures showing students playing the game.
Created by Lillian Rutledge