GameUp is a vetted and always-expanding collection of cross-curricular digital learning games from leading game designers, paired with implementation materials. A Lesson Ideas page accompanies each game, with game guides; tips; tutorials; standards-aligned lesson plans, and assessment ideas. Select GameUp titles are enabled with the SnapThought tool, which encourages reflection in key moments in game play. Students can capture a screenshot of what they’ve done, make notes about it, and send it to teachers for feedback. GameUp targets upper elementary and middle school students, but is also offered for K-3 students on BrainPOP Jr., as well as a selection of games on BrainPOP ESL, the English language learning program.
- Watch this video. https://educators.brainpop.com/video/gameup-games-overview-screencast/
- Find a game for students to play by logging into BrainPop. You login by going to your email, clicking on the the Google waffle (or array), then scroll down to BrainPOP. Once you are logged in, find a SnapThoughts game that relates to your curriculum or content by scrolling to the bottom and clicking GameUp and then Games with SnapThoughts.
- Once you have found a game play at least 1 round first together, focusing on how to create a SnapThought. (Click on the Camera icon at the bottom of the screen, then click the tiny picture that pops up at the bottom.)
- Share the game with your students. You can do this by having them find the game on Brainpop or by sending the link out through Google Classroom.
- Have multiple students play a specific game with SnapThoughts. Prove that you have done this by taking a screenshot of a particularly awesome SnapThought that a student came up with. You can find their SnapThoughts by going to BrainPOP, My classes, choosing your class (if more than 1), and clicking on the arrow next to the number of students who played.
- View the SnapThoughts by clicking on the bubble with the pen inside.
- Choose your favorite SnapThought and submit!Created by: Lillian Rutledge