Bloxels® is an innovative video game development platform that allows you to create your own video games. With easy-to-use physical and digital tools, the imaginative gaming worlds of young gamers come to life in a cool retro arcade style. You decide what the game looks like and configure how it is played. You tell the story of the characters and design their looks. You create the obstacles and the power-ups. And then not only can you play, but you can share your game with fellow gamers for both game play and content remixing.
Bloxels are available from the District Lending Library! Contact Danna or Brandon to reserve them.
- Download the Getting Started with Bloxels Educator Guidebook.
- Watch the full tutorial. Don’t fret if you are confused! Bloxels is all about experimentation, so you can’t really mess up!
- Build your layout. Use the green terrain blocks as platforms to run and jump on. Place them on the game board to get started.
- Red hazard blocks will stop a hero in his tracks. Place some on your game board to make the game more challenging.
- A hero has to line his pockets! Place some yellow coin blocks in the game to grab some assets you like off the Infinity Wall later.
- Let your hero take a dip! Place the blue water blocks in the game for the hero to “swim” in. Be careful! It will slow you down.
- Make your game more fun by giving the hero something to beat up on! Place a couple of purple enemy blocks on the game board.
- Add some BANG! to your game with the orange exploding blocks. Place a few to block off areas that can only be reached by shooting through them.
- Give your hero temporary special abilities and attacks. Place pink power-up blocks on the game board to take things to the next level.
- It’s time to bring your layout into the Bloxels Builder app. Start a new game in in the Games Mode. Once you start a new game, select the highlighted room on the map and tap the capture button to bring the game board you just made into the app. Click YES to proceed (green check).
- After you click the green check, the game board is placed in the Bloxels Editor.
- Time to play your game! Hold the device with both hands and use your thumbs to control your hero. And share your game with others!
- You have just scratched the surface of the possibilities of Bloxels. Continue to enhance your game by exploring the many options.
Earn Your Badge:
- Create a Bloxels game and share the URL (or share a game one of your students created). Your game should consist of at least 3 rooms. You can also share games built in Bloxels Builder by clicking on the link icon on any game and entering that URL into a web browser. To play Bloxels games on a mobile device, you must have the app installed.
Created by Liz Murphy (Hancock)